PS3 JAMMA interface [slpit form Hi People]

PS3 JAMMA interface [slpit form Hi People]

Postby Ruben » Wed May 21, 2014 9:53 am

hello pred75 I want the same thing you do but otherwise. I use an interface that bypasses the home menu of the ps3.
I have entered this forum to find out about kade encorder, if I can use gamepads to adapt the arcade controls.
I would like to do a full arcade machine but using gamepads.
forgive my English, I'm Spanish and I do not speak properly
thank you very much
Ruben
poster

Re: Hi People

Postby PL1 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:53 am

Bienvenido, Reuben. :D

Si no estas seguro en su trasducacion a ingles, escribelo tambien en espanol, pero creo que su ingles es mucho mejor que nuestro espanol. :lol:

If you want to build an arcade machine that uses a PS3 console, KADE encoders, and arcade-style joysticks/buttons, we can help you. :D

Scott
PL1
poster

Re: Hi People

Postby Ruben » Wed May 21, 2014 3:29 pm

PL1 hello, thanks for your response, I hope to speak in English best. :lol: :lol: I have an arcade machine with ps3 system, but my problem is this:
I want to adjust the buttons on the arcade machine (jamma) adapt gamepads (dualshocks, sixaxis) and not if kade encoder can,
if I can help or guide me I would appreciate you

thank you very much :D
Ruben
poster

Re: PS3 JAMMA interface [slpit form Hi People]

Postby sharpfork » Wed May 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Ruben wrote:PL1 hello, thanks for your response, I hope to speak in English best. :lol: :lol: I have an arcade machine with ps3 system, but my problem is this:
I want to adjust the buttons on the arcade machine (jamma) adapt gamepads (dualshocks, sixaxis) and not if kade encoder can,
if I can help or guide me I would appreciate you

thank you very much :D

Hello-

The KADE miniarcade will encode your button inputs and converts it to many outputs, including PS#. If you want to interface with JAMM, the easiers way it to use a JAMM fingerbaord like this:

The KADE miniArcade will not interface at all with gamepads, it shows up as or represents itself to a PS3 as a gamepad.
sharpfork
poster

Postby PL1 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:16 am

Is this what you want to do, Reuben?

PS3 to JAMMA.jpg

The connections from the joysticks and buttons to the KADEs are easy.

Connecting the audio from the PS3 to JAMMA should be easy.

The part I'm not sure about is the video from the PS3 to the JAMMA harness -- not sure if the PS3 can output a video signal that can be displayed on an arcade monitor. :?

What do you think, Kevin?

Scott
P.S. "slpit form Hi People" ??? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PL1
poster

Postby Ruben » Thu May 22, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks for your response Scott and SharpFork but I think I have not explained well. From the output of the ps3 use an interface (TWE MGCD) having vga output and sound, all finished in jamma connector.
The ps3 carries an IC (integrated makes start button) to autostart my ps3 when connected to 220v. This skips the menu interfaces start the ps3 and start the game without selecting anything.
I do not want to use the controls on the arcade machine and if you use original gamepads. The problem is not how to connect to the original gamepads jamma connector. So my question if Kade Encoder can do this service. Deputy diagram to better understand.
Thanks for everything
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruben
poster

Postby PL1 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:31 am

I'm not familiar with the TWE MGCD interface card. :?

Is there a reason why the PS3 controllers wouldn't be connected directly to the PS3?

Not sure why or how KADE USB gamepad encoders would be used if you plan to use original PS3 controllers that already have USB gamepad encoders in them.

Arcade joystick/buttons + KADE se parecen como un PS3 controller al PS3.

Creo que si vas a usar los PS3 controllers, no necesitas los KADEs. :)

Scott
PL1
poster

Postby Ruben » Fri May 23, 2014 7:45 am

Hello Scott. :)
outputs ps3 usb gamepads, they are connected directly to the interface, the interface works with timer and arcade mode. There are games that have many moves and do not want to use the controls of the arcade machine (would be many buttons).
As this can not take directly connected gamepads. So I need kade (?) To make a usb output for connecting gamepads.
Thank you very much.
Ruben
poster

Postby PL1 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:46 am

I looked for a MGCD manual, but haven't found one. :sad:

There are several old threads on the SHMUPS forum that mention the board including this one and this one.

There are also several bits of info from http://hehehe.org/ including this pinout (might only be for the dreamcast model :? )

Looks like you have several options for your cabinet:

1. Make another control panel with enough arcade joysticks/buttons connected to the jamma harness and use the MGCD board to set the timer or add a credit when a token is dropped into the coin slot.
* Arcade controls (joystick and up to 7 buttons)
* Timer or credit connected to coin slot
* Built-in PS3 to JAMMA video adapter

2. Make another control panel with enough arcade joysticks/buttons connected (either directly or through the jamma harness+fingerboard) to two KADES, maybe connect the "start" input on the KADE to the coin slot (dropping a token into the coin slot = pressing the start button), and plug the KADES directly into the PS3.
* Arcade controls (joystick and buttons)
* Start button connected to coin slot (optional)
* May need a PS3 to JAMMA video adapter

3. Same as option 2, but add a separate timed relay circuit that connects/disconnects the daisy-chain ground between the KADE and the controls. (no ground = no control signals sent)
* Arcade controls (joystick and buttons)
* Controls only active when relay closed by timer circuit

4. Use the original PS3 controllers plugged into the PS3
* PS3 controllers
* No timer/credit function

5. Use a timed relay circuit like option 3 to connect/disconnect USB
* PS3 controllers
* Controls only active when relay closed by timer circuit

6. Someone writes a special firmware for KADE that adds a timer/credit function to the PS3 firmware.

It's not likely that the KADE team will tackle this, but if you have a friend who can edit source code, KADE firmware/software/hardware are open source. :geek:

7. In order to use the PS3 controllers with the MGCD board you would need a board/firmware that converts the USB inputs (from the PS3 controller) to switched ground outputs on the JAMMA harness joystick and button connections. (KADE changes ground inputs to USB outputs -- the opposite of what you need here)

The MGCD board would then convert those switched grounds back to USB commands and send them to the PS3 which would then decode the USB commands.

The process would be 5 steps:
* Button ground
* USB command
* JAMMA ground
* USB command
* PS3

Instead of the usual 3 steps:
* Button ground
* USB command
* PS3

I'm sure we can help you with options 1, 2, or 4.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a timed relay circuit design for options 3 or 5.

Options 6 and 7 are probably not going to work, but let us know how things turn out if you decide to try them. :D

Scott
PL1
poster

Postby Ruben » Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 am

Hi Scott :)
If you want I can renviar my full manual interface for you to understand. by e-mail if your quiereres as it is too big and I can not hang the forum. :cry: :cry: my only problem is the controllers gamepads. I want to know if kade help it if my kade kade can adapt to jamma with usb gamepads
thank you very much Scott
Ruben
poster

Postby PL1 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:52 pm

The short answer is "no", for the reasons listed in #7 above.

KADE is an encoder -- the opposite of what you need. (picture trying to use a drill to fill a hole :lol: )

Using gamepads + MGCD board requires custom decoder hardware and custom decoder firmware that is impossible for me to help you with.

I'm sure someone in the world can do it, but it is far beyond my skills.

#1-#5 = We can help you. :D

#6 or #7 = Sorry, Reuben, but I can't help you and I doubt the rest of the team can, either. :(

Scott
PL1
poster

Return to PS3